In India the Child Sex Ratio (CSR) is at a danger level. In 1961 there were 976 Girls against 1000 Boys. In 2001 it was 927 girls against 1000 boys. In 2011 it was reduced to 918 girls against 1000 Boys. So to reduce this Child Sex ratio PM Modi has launched two programmes
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Scheme.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
By launching these two schemes PM Modi is trying to improve Girls child birth, educate them and make them financially strong.
Plan of action for Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Scheme.
- It can be done by early registration of pregnancy.
- Panchayat should display gudda-guddi board with number of new born girls and boys on monthly basis.
- Make the Panchayat responsible for early child marriage
- We should start celebrating girl child birth among family and friends
- We should strongly resist the mentality of “Paraya Dhan” for girls
- We should make secure admission and retention of girls in schools
- If there is any sex determination Test is going on, we must report it strongly
- We should start promoting simple marriage
- We should find new and innovative ideas to promote equality among boys & girls
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has allocated Rs 50 Crore for the pilot Schemes to safeguard women on public road transport
Financial SupportNow a days many states are providing financial support to encourage girl child growth. Example in West Bengal the Govt transfer money at regular interval for the girl child education. In Tamil Nadu the state government is running “Amma Baby Care Kit” Scheme. In Punjab the child sex ratio 837 girls against 1000 boys. So the Govt of Punjab is doing the registration of any pregnant girl in the first three month of pregnancy. And make the authorities to follow up and monitor that there are no cases of abortions.
Sukanya Samriddhi YojanaPM Modi has Launched Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana that will help to support girl child.In Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana any girl whose age is 10 or below can open an account his/her parent need to pay premium for 14 years. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana will be matured at the age of 21 or at the time of marriage. The Interest rate for this financial Year is 9.2%.At the age of 18 she can withdraw 50% of the amount for higher education. The interest earned is also tax free under section 80C .Best part is that after maturity if the amount is not withdrawal from the scheme ,she would be getting the interest till the money is not withdrawal from the scheme. You can open this scheme in Post office and RBI listed 28 banks. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana will encourage the education of girl child.